GPS and radio collar, with Globalstar transfer of GPS data
These collars collect GPS signals at a users’ specified rate, feature a VHF beacon and are capable of transmitting GPS positions to your computer or mobile screen via Lotek’s Webservice interface.
An additional method of remote communication can be included via radio frequency transmission in the field.
Additional features include VHF beacons for tracking, as well as mortality alerts right to your email or phone. Other feature alerts can also be sent directly to you, such as a Virtual fence crossing event.
All feature a user replaceable battery pack.
For a more robust collar, the Large variety can be made heavy duty, with potted batteries (not user replaceable), for species that are likely to be very hard on collars.
Operating life can vary depending on application and study needs and objectives. Please contact one of our Telemetry Specialists to discuss your study needs.
- Proximity detection and/or transmission, near or far
- Mortality indication with increase in VHF pulse rate, and satellite transmission of events
- Remote GPS data download via Gloablstar
- Remote data download (2 way communication) via radio frequency, using a hand held Commander unit in the field
- Flexible scheduling of GPS + VHF + RF communication, and quantity of GPS data transmitted, for extended operating life
- Sensor data logging: on board temperature and 3 axis accelerometer activity, in raw, averaged or ODBA formats
- Virtual Fencing
- Frequency Range: 148 MHz to 174 MHz
- Deploy multiple collars on the same frequency and distinguish between them by means of embedded collar IDs in the beacon signals, coded VHF
- Timed Release Drop off – collar can be fitted with a TRD (adds 35-55 g to the weight of the collar), TRRD (adds 125g to the weight of the collar)