June 24, 2019
Lotek Wireless is an award-winning Global company and world leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of fish and wildlife monitoring systems. Our innovative and internationally recognized radio, acoustic, archival and satellite monitoring solutions allow researchers to track animals, birds and fish of almost any size, in almost any environment. Whether an animal moves through a terrestrial, freshwater, marine or avian habitat, Lotek has a system to track it.
Lotek is currently looking for a highly motivated individual capable of working in a team environment within our Marketing and Sales group.
Skills and Qualifications:
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Science, or equivalent experience. Electro-Technologists with suitable experience will also be considered
- Biological/Environmental sciences experience or Programming and embedded firmware development experience would be an asset
- The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of radio, GPS/GSM, satellite systems technology and equipment
- Language abilities: English, excellent written and spoken, additional languages an asset
- You will have the opportunity to interact with professional staff and clients on a technical basis both in an office and a field environment
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Satellite/GPS equipment produced and sold by Lotek
- Provide external product support to clients and internal support to sales, including over the phone, email, skype and other forms of communication
- Participate and organize client training using Lotek products as well as offer technical field support. Skilled at explaining technical issues to those unfamiliar with the subject
- Demonstrated ability to document, track, troubleshoot and resolve complex and time sensitive issues
- Participate in product development support from applications perspective, provide customer feedback, get involved in product testing as required
- Maintain test equipment in good working condition
- Travel 1-3 weeks per year. Candidate must be able to negotiate rugged terrain in remote locations with difficult access while carrying some equipment
Please review our website for more information regarding Lotek and its products.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the experience we are seeking, please email your cover letter and resume to employment at Lotek dot com or mail it to Lotek Wireless Inc., 115 Pony Drive, Newmarket, ON. L3Y 7B5. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lotek Wireless Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process.
To find more out about Lotek, go to our Facebook page or YouTube channel, or browse our website.