April 22, 2021
Lotek Wireless is an award-winning Global company and world leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of fish and wildlife monitoring systems.
Are you looking for a chance to grow your current skill set while building a series of new ones? Do you want to be part of not just a team, but a group of proactive, inclusive people that celebrate learning and diversity, every step of the way? Lotek is continuously searching for enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
We have an opening in our IT Support team for an Intermediate Support Specialist to work out of our Newmarket, Ontario office.
Our IT team is responsible for the overall maintenance, health and security of our global Lotek IT network and enterprise applications, as well as support staff in all our locations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong communication and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently on simultaneous assignments under tight deadline
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot a wide variety of corporate IT systems, ranging from desktops, servers, networking, storage, and mobile devices.
- Administer, build/upgrade, monitor and troubleshoot virtual technologies in use, including VMware and Hyper-V
- Administer and monitor Office 365 activity, including user setup, compliance and security
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Manage remote connectivity and security solutions including firewall management, network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Support staff working remotely using VPN and Microsoft Teams
- Design, configure, and test computer Hardware, Networking Software and Operating System software.
- Work directly with the IT Manager, research and suggest resolutions or new solutions to any system with identified weaknesses or shortcomings
- Working with the IT Team, participate in contract negotiation, vendor management, IT purchasing and project planning
- Share knowledge of areas of expertise with other members of the team.
- Refer complex issues to IT Manager or other team members, as required
- Be a strong source of knowledge and provide training or support to Lotek employees
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the experience we are seeking, please apply by email to email@example.com.
Lotek Wireless Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process.
Please note only those persons invited for an interview will be contacted.
To find more out about Lotek, go to our website, Facebook page or YouTube channel.