February 28, 2022
Lotek Wireless Inc. is an award-winning global company and world leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of fish and wildlife monitoring systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly dynamic, strategic and results-driven professional to join our Engineering team in the role of Systems and Test Engineer.
This position reports to engineering management.
Main tasks of this permanent position involve:
- Analysis, validation and testing of analog and digital circuitry for implementation in low-power microprocessor-controlled RF transmitters and receivers, underwater acoustic transmitters and receivers, and satellite transmitters and receivers (e.g. GPS, Iridium, Argos, cellular modems, etc.);
- Analysis, validation, and test of the implementation of sensor-equipped low-power acoustic and radio transmitters for underwater, terrestrial, and and avian applications;
- Perform intensive functional and parametric testing for Lotek products, including hardware, firmware, and software components. Provide detailed test reports, product performance reviews and feedback to designers and project managers;
- Perform internal and field tests for RF and acoustic products;
- Perform telecom and Internet based communication tests, including IoTs (e.g. WiFi, cellular, Iridium, Argos);
- Close collaboration with Manufacturing and QA to ensure timely implementations of designs into products.
- Define or update requirements for Lotek electronic products. Provide procedures for production and QA.
An ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- MSEE or BSEE and minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in circuit analysis, specification design, and especially testing;
- Familiarity with automated test and simulation environments (e.g. Labview, Visual Test, PSPICE, MATHCAD, MATLAB, Simulink);
- Proficient in MS-Office (including writing of macros);
- Basic knowledge of telecommunication and Internet protocols;
- Very good knowledge of advanced electronic and metrology lab tools (e.g. spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, logic analyzers, RF amplifiers and antennas etc.);
- Good knowledge of RF specific terms and measurements;
- Expertise in RF, EMI/EMC, along with North American and global regulatory standards is a plus.
- Familiarity with control aspects of quality assurance is a plus as well.
- Good time and task management skills (multitasking).
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity with a leading-edge company, please send us your resume by email to email@example.com.
We offer competitive salary and benefits as well as outstanding company culture!
Lotek Wireless Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process.
Please note only those persons invited for an interview will be contacted.
To find more out about Lotek, go to our website, Facebook page or YouTube channel.