December 14, 2021
Lotek Wireless is an award-winning Global company and world leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of fish and wildlife monitoring systems.
Lotek is currently looking for a QA/QC Manager capable of working in a team environment within our Operations group. The QA/QC Manager will provide general supervision of the Quality Department within Operations through the development, implementation and maintenance of quality assurance systems and activities, and to assure all products and services are provided in a cost effective and efficient manner according to required standards.
Skills and Qualification:
- Quality Engineering degree, technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a highly miniaturized electronic/electro-mechanical engineering/manufacturing and packaging industry.
- 3-4 Year’s supervisory experience is a preferred asset.
- Working knowledge of electronics and able to read schematics and mechanical CAD drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and mechanical measuring equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of PCB and soldering standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to motivate, influence and mediate between employees of various skill levels.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and resolving problems using various industry standard techniques.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office products, relational databases, and ERP systems – Microsoft NAV).
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team members.
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, judgement and decision-making ability.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable engineering, manufacturing and quality assurance related standards and spec’s including principles and practices of ISO9001 and TQM.
- Strong analytical and detail orientated skills.
- Responsible and takes ownership when resolving issues.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Works well within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of policies, systems, procedures and practices to ensure that quality, configuration, documentation and reliability requirements are established and followed which are both cost effective and compliant to customer requirements.
- Plans work for the department and ensures cost-effective use of human and monetary resources.
- Develops Quality Assurance and Control documentation including standards, processes and assembly.
- Creates inspection standards, review data, and make necessary changes.
- Performs receiving, in-process and final inspection.
- Performs internal and supplier quality audits.
- Performs random quality checks on all manufacturing processes.
- Ensures that quality assurance and documentation activities are directed towards process improvement, continuous quality improvement, cost effectiveness of processes, systems and procedures and positive preventive corrective action.
- Assists in the implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating company products for precision, accuracy and reliability.
- Selects new staff providing initial and on-going education and training to assure resource flexibility and efficiency, as required.
- Reviews, analyzes and develops rationale for recommendations to policy changes, as required.
- Ensures that individual and team roles and responsibilities are understood, performance measurement objectives are identified, measured and monitored on an on-going basis in order to provide positive feedback on accomplishments and ensure immediate action is taken to address shortfalls.
- Ensures a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of company goals and objectives.
- Promotes awareness of and ensure ongoing operating compliance to all applicable employment, environmental, health and safety legislation by all personnel in assigned areas.
- Participates in WHMIS training annually.
- Evaluates assembly and soldering per published standards.
- Certifies employees on new product builds and new product processes for first off manufacturing.
- Enforces health and safety work practices.
- Early morning availability required – 7am start.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the experience we are seeking, please apply by email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Lotek Wireless Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process.
Please note only those persons invited for an interview will be contacted.
To find more out about Lotek, go to our Facebook page or YouTube channel, or browse our website.