August 31, 2020
Lotek Wireless is 35-year-old global company and world leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of fish and wildlife monitoring systems. Our innovative and internationally recognized radio, acoustic, archival and satellite monitoring solutions allow researchers to track animals, birds and fish of almost any size, in almost any environment. Whether an animal moves through a terrestrial, freshwater, marine or avian habitat, Lotek has a system to track it.
Lotek is currently looking for a Human Resources Administrator to assist with administrating, maintaining and implementing Global HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, recruiting, benefits, training and health and safety. This will start as a part-time role for 3 days per week with the potential to expand to fulltime hours.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelors Degree
- Courses leading to or completion of Certified Human Resources Professional designation is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ERP software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Participation in demonstrated progressive HR practices/principles as well as exposure to employment legislation including OHRC, AODA, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ministry of Labour
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate, influence and mediate
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain and promote confidentiality on matters that require discretion
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated good professional judgement
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are up to date and executed consistently
- Coordinate and facilitate recruitment, on-boarding and benefits enrollment
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of HR practices and processes and be the champion for health and safety
- Maintain employee documentation, personnel files and organizational charts
- Collaborate with and assist management teams through participation in Global HR updates, hiring, terminations and employee engagement and performance
- Assist in or administer HR events, company-wide meetings and social committee events
- Provide reports and analysis to the Global HR Manager including reviews of the overall corporate compensation plan with periodic reviews of position of documentation and salary alignment
If your expertise aligns with the opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail it to Lotek Wireless Inc., 115 Pony Drive, Newmarket, ON. L3Y 7B5. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lotek Wireless Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process.
To find more out about Lotek, go to our website, Facebook page or YouTube channel.