Has an Iridium collar ever been so small?
Lotek Group has introduced an innovative family of GPS products, the LiteTrack family, intended for small mammals. These collars collect GPS signals at a users’ specified rate, feature a VHF beacon and are capable of transmitting GPS positions to your computer or mobile screen via Iridium satellite system to Lotek’s Webservice interface. An additional method of remote communication can be included via radio frequency transmission in the field.
Starting at ~130 grams, Lotek’s LiteTrack GPS Iridium Collars offer the smallest solution on the market whilst still offering unrivalled performance and battery life.
Additional features include VHF beacons for tracking, as well as mortality alerts right to your email or phone. Other feature alerts can also be sent directly to you, such as a Geofence crossing event.
Operating life can vary depending on application and study needs and objectives. It can be more than doubled using ‘SWIFT’ fix technology. Please contact one of our Telemetry Specialists to discuss your study needs.
- Proximity detection and/or transmission, near or far
- SWIFT fixes for many more locations
- Mortality indication with increase in VHF pulse rate, and Iridium transmission of events
- Remote data download and upload via Iridium
- Remote data download and upload via radio frequency
- Flexible scheduling of GPS + VHF + RF communication
- Sensor data logging: on board temperature and 3 axis accelerometer activity, in raw, averaged or ODBA formats
- Deploy multiple collars on the same frequency and distinguish between them by means of embedded collar IDs in the beacon signals, coded VHF
- Geofencing feature
- Memory: stores up to 100,000 fixes
- Collar width 20 to 30 mm
- Timed Release Drop off – collar can be fitted with a TRD or a microTRD