PSAT Series: Pop-Off Satellite Archival Tags
- Product Sheet
Gain valuable insights into the life cycle of your species.
Lotek pop-off satellite archival tags (PSAT) are compact, state of the art, reliable instruments for the collection, storage and retrieval of precision time stamped depth, temperature and light based geolocation.
Watch a video demonstrating the improved hydrodynamics of our PSAT design:
- The tag detaches itself at a user preprogrammed time, floats to the surface and transmits collected data via Argos.
- Available in 2 versions:
- A single point position only (the tag detaches itself from the animal, transmits to Argos satellites, which calculate its location).
- Tag logs external temperature, pressure and light levels. After it detaches itself and floats to the surface, it transmits highly compressed user defined data.
- To prepare data sets, it utilizes Lotek’s Daylog memory management technique along with Lotek’s Template Fit light based geolocation process; the use of these will result in the reception/recovery of a significantly higher portion of geolocation tracks over normal, raw data downloads.
- Optimized design that minimizes drag and tag oscillations, thus improving attachment longevity.
- Detachment based on corrosive link.
- Argos transmitter output power up to 0.5 Watt (user programmable)
|Tube (outside) diameter||19 mm|
|Max. diameter (collar)||40 mm|
|Weight in air||82 grams|
|Min. operating life||1 year|
|Depth rating||2000 m|
|Operating temperature||-5° to +35° C|
N.B. These specifications are subject to change.