- Product Sheet
GPS Locations downloadable over VHF radio,
from just 3.5g
Accurate, automated GPS locations are taken at times/dates programmed by you, to meet the requirement of your study. The locations can then be remotely downloaded with our VHF PinPoint Command Unit, when you want to with no need to recapture your animal. If retrieved, the tag can be recharged and used repeatedly.
- Species that are difficult to recapture
- Periodic data collection during your study
- Species prone to disturbance
- Customised to suit animal
- Highly flexible, programmable tags
- Lightweight, easy to use PinPoint Commander
- User rechargeable (if tag retrieved)
Provisional Model Specifications
|Model||PinPoint VHF-75||PinPoint VHF-120||PinPoint VHF-240|
|Weight *||From 3.5g||From 5.0g||From 10.0g|
|Estimated number of locations||90 - 5500 depending on tag model, GPS, beacon and RF communication schedules; contact us to discuss your application|
|Dimensions (mm)||25 x 14 x 7||25 x 14 x 10||55 x 17 x 11|
|Scheduling||Simple and flexible scheduling for GPS locations and VHF download.|
|Mortality sensing||Start of inactivity recorded in tag log
Programmable mortality period
|Operating temperature||-5°C to +50°C|
|Antenna *||5cm GPS antenna
18cm VHF antenna
|Waterproofing||Splash dive tolerant|
|Warranty||1 month or 80% of the scheduled life, whichever is shorter|
* Weight includes tubes for fitting harnesses. Tags can be customised to be more robust with stronger antennas. These options will add weight.
Please contact one of our Avian Telemetry Specialists to discuss your project.
Specifications correct as of July 2016.