- Product Sheet
The world’s smallest certified GPS Argos tags – now with solar cells!
Data relayed after every 3rd GPS location and solar battery recharging for continual tracking.
Accurate, automated GPS locations are taken at times/dates programmed by you, as solar charging allows. After every 3 locations, the latest locations can then be relayed to you from anywhere in the world, via an Argos Satellite as it passes over, ready to be downloaded online. The solar cells then use light to recharge the battery for detection of the next locations and data relay. These tags weigh from just 6g.
- Species with good exposure to sunlight
- Accurately tracking unknown migration routes
- Low site fidelity species
For PinPoint Argos tags without Solar, please see PinPoint Argos.
- Flexible, user-programmable GPS schedule
- Argos transmission after every 3rd location, for regular location updates
- Tag automatically recharged by solar cells
- Built-in attachment point for harness
- Various customisable options for your chosen species – see our Solar Tag Design page
Provisional Model Specifications
Solar - S
Solar - M
Solar - L
|Estimated number of locations||Contact one of our Avian Telemetry Specialists for estimates.
Dependent on insolation and GPS acquisition time
|Base dimensions (mm)||40 x 18||60 x 22||80 x 25|
|Height dimensions †||From 11mm - Tag body height & dome shape customised to order|
|Rechargeable||Solar panel recharging|
|Operating temperature||-5°C to +50°C|
|Antenna *||5cm GPS antenna
18cm Argos antenna
|Waterproofing||Splash dive tolerant|
|Warranty||6 months or 80% of the scheduled life, whichever is shorter|
† Contact your telemetry specialist to further discuss these options and their impact on tag size and weight.
* Weight includes tubes for fitting harnesses. Tags can be customised to be more robust with stronger antennas. These options will add weight.
Specifications correct as of November 2016.