MM-Series Multi-Mode Acoustic Transmitters and Sensor Transmitters
- Product Sheet
For tracking at multiple scales of observation and environments. Compatible with MAP, SRX and Rcode Acoustic receiving systems
As in other areas of fish and wildlife monitoring, Lotek is continuously expanding the boundaries of acoustic telemetry with a range of innovative options, including transmitters that combined multiple technologies for use in multiple habitats.
Multi-mode technology provides the means to track animals throughout a variety of applications or environments that may not be compatible with a single technology.
With the sensor option (motion, temperature, pressure), one can monitor fish depth, temperature and mobile state.
- Compatible with multiple acoustic receiving systems, including MAP, SRX and Rcode within a single device, thereby eliminating the need to double-tag.
- Flexible duty cycle between transmission modes to optimize detection rates and data acquisition with respect to fish behaviour.
- Permits simultaneous detection/decoding of hundreds of co-located transmitters.
- Works with both existing coastal scale and fine scale monitoring arrays.
- Also available in single and tri-mode operation.
- Cost-effective solution for multiple technology deployments.
- Sensor transmitters offer a variety of depth ranges.
- Rapid transmission rates (5 seconds) for efficient mobile tracking.
|TAG MODEL||Physical Specifications||Calculated Life|
|Size (d x length)||Weight||Std / HP||Std / HP|
|MR-series Dual Mode Operation - MAP Acoustic + R-code Acoustic|
|M = 5s / R = 60s||M = 10s / R = 120s|
|MM-MR-8-SO||8.5 x 42||5.5||19||37|
|MM-MR-11-SO||11 x 38||6.6||19||37|
|MM-MR-11-28||12 x 60||10.5||91 / 24||181 / 48|
|MM-MR-11-45||12 x 73||14.5||142 / 37||281 / 74|
|MM-MR-16-25||16 x 57||26.0||178 / 47||354 / 94|
|MM-MR-16-33||16 x 64||29.0||243 / 64||483 / 128|
|MM-MR-16-50||16 x 80||35.0||389 / 103||773 / 205|
|MS-series Dual Mode Operation - MAP Acoustic + SRX Acoustic|
|M = 5s / S = 5s||M = 10s / S = 10s|
|MM-MS-8-SO||8.5 x 42||5.5||16||31|
|MM-MS-11-SO||11 x 38||6.6||16||31|
|MM-MS-11-28||12 x 60||11||78 / 20||154 / 41|
|MM-MS-11-45||12 x 73||15||121 / 32||239 / 63|
|MM-MS-16-25||16 x 57||26||151 / 40||301 / 79|
|MM-MS-16-33||16 x 64||29||206 / 54||410 / 108|
|MM-MS-16-50||16 x 80||35||330 / 87||656 / 173|
|SR-series Dual Mode Operation - SRX Acoustic + R-code Acoustic|
|S = 5s / R = 60s||S = 10s / R = 120s|
|MM-SR-8-SO||8.5 x 42||5.5||52||100|
|MM-SR-11-SO||11 x 38||6.6||52||100|
|MM-SR-11-28||12 x 60||11||256 / 69||495 / 137|
|MM-SR-11-45||12 x 73||15||398 / 107||770 / 212|
|MM-SR-16-25||16 x 57||26||508 / 132||994 / 263|
|MM-SR-16-33||16 x 64||29||693 / 180||1356 / 358|
|MM-SR-16-50||16 x 80||35||1109 / 288||2169 / 573|
|MM-series Sensor Transmitter Options|
|Physical Specifications||Calc Life|
|Sensor||Size (d x length)||Weight|
|Motion||0 x 0||0.0||< 1%|
|Temp+Press||0 x 5||0.5 - 3.0||< 1%|
|Press+Motion||0 x 5||0.5 - 3.0||< 1%|
Notes on specifications
Tolerance on all specifications is ± 5%.
Warranty life is defined as 80% of the calculated life from the date of shipment.
Maximum warranty life is 3 years.
Sensors only available in MAP mode, i.e. for MM-MR-series.
Sensor transmitter length and weight are in addition to the ID-only specsifications.
* Sensor weight increase 0.5g for 8.5 mm tag and 3g for 16 mm diameter tag.
- Studies of migration activity of anadromous species from ocean through to spawning site
- Studies of lake dwellers moving between shallow and deep freshwater
- Micro-habitat utilization and species interaction 2D/3D
- Combines the ability to manually track, as well as autonomously log presence absence data, while collecting
2D and 3D positioning data at key areas of interest
- Monitoring of fish entrainment around hydro facilities