BioMap for GPS - Database Management Software for Wildlife
- Key Features
- Product Sheet
BioMap for GPS is a Windows based solution for processing and managing data from radio telemetry studies of animal behaviour and/or ecology.
BioMap for GPS offers exclusive data management tools, enabling the user to:
- query the database at different levels of sophistication
- organize information concerning animals and environment
- arrange logged data collected by the collar
- interface to third party utilities such as GIS and others computational packages
- efficiently operate the database over a network (researchers in separate facilities can share a common database)
- maintain security through multi-level password controlled access
- presentation of animal position data in different coordination systems (UTM, Geographical Coordinate System, Lat/Long/Height)
- import function for generated data files
- export function for document generation
- data exchange with third party spacial analysis/visualization software tools
- data can be classified, filtered, hierarchically ordered
- graphically present and/or animate data
to the user
The BioMap for GPS data processing engine converts the binary files collected from GPS collars into a customized database using the Microsoft SQL database management tool.
Users familiar with SQL may write their own scripts using a command line interface.
Full BioMap GPS product sheet (PDF)